We all know somebody like her. She’s thin as a rail, eats everything in sight, yet never gains an ounce. She’s never set foot in the gym and the word “diet” is not in her vocabulary.
How does she stay so thin? She has a fast metabolism.
You may think that her fast metabolism is due to being born with good genes. And to a great extent this is true.
But here’s good news. You don’t have to be genetically gifted to boost your metabolism. Here are 5 easy things that any woman can do:
1. Eat these delicious fat-burning foods. My favorites include fresh and colorful produce, and foods high in healthy fats, like avocados, salmon, and walnuts.
2. Add metabolism-boosting spices. These include ginger, cayenne, fenugreek, oregano, caralluma fimbriata, and turmeric. These contain compounds that naturally rev up your metabolism.
3. Exercise without “exercising.” Hate the treadmill? Then don’t do it. Studies show you’re more likely to stick to an exercise program if you do something you enjoy, like dance, tennis, yoga, or even taking brisk walks.
Just 30 minutes of movement can do wonders for your metabolism, not to mention your mood, your focus, and your sleep.
4. Sit less. Make it a goal to move more throughout the day. If you’re at a desk, set reminders to take breaks and walk around for a bit. If you’re on the phone, walk around while you talk. If you’re watching TV, try doing some floor stretches.
These movements may not seem like much, but over the course of a day, a week, a month, they really do add up.
5. Build more muscle — without killing yourself at the gym. The more muscle mass you have, the higher your resting metabolism. That means you’ll burn more calories, even when you’re just sitting on the couch.
As you know, building muscle requires doing resistance training like lifting weights. It also means you getting plenty of protein.
Unfortunately, many people do it wrong. They kill themselves at the gym, drink lots of protein smoothies, and still don’t get the results they want.
Here’s a better way. It actually gets your body to make more protein! That means more lean muscle mass … and more youthful skin and hair, too! Find out all about it here